Horizon Ebonite - Ships in 5 working daysNamisu
This product ships in 5 working days.
The Horizon fountain pen is a stylised version of the classical “cigar” shape that is undoubtedly a favourite amongst fountain pen enthusiasts. The barrel and section are made from hand-brushed ebonite which is decorated with polished brass trim and a 23K gold-plated steel nib.
Unlike high-end plastic, ebonite is made from natural rubber which gives it a much warmer, luxurious feel than its modern counterpart. Using this material is also an homage to traditional pen manufacturing, as it was predominant throughout early 20th century.
The Horizon is sized very similarly to our popular Nova pen, a comfortable mid-size pen with a grip section of 12mm, tapering down to 11mm. Weight distribution is skewed very slightly towards the section, but offers a very balanced feel overall due to the lightness of our Japanese ebonite.
Please note that due to the nature of brass, each of the brass parts will develop a darker patina over time.
This pen can also be provided in a polished finish instead of the original brushed finish. Please contact email@example.com to arrange this alternative finish.
- Can be used capped or uncapped.
- Length (Length uncapped) – 138mm (128mm)
- Materials: Ebonite barrel with coated brass finials and threading.
- Nib: 24K gold-plated steel
- Weight Capped (Uncapped): 21g (17g)
- Maximum diameter: 15.5mm
- Grip diameter: 12mm tapering down to 11mm.
- Converter included.
- Can be used with any standard international cartridge, long or short format.
- Each pen comes within a high quality gift box.